Pre-manufactured floor cassettes are becoming much more commonplace in timber frame construction as they speed up the erection process and improve safety on site.
Cassettes are manufactured using a combination of I-joists and decking material (OSB/ Chipboard/ Plywood) and come fitted with lifting straps for safe lifting on both transport and site erection.
Cassettes are ideal for all types of timber frame build, from large commercial projects to bespoke self-build homes. The advantages of pre-manufactured cassettes include:
- Reduced construction time on site
- Cassettes can be loaded sequentially to speed up
- Once fitted the cassettes give an instant working
- Improves health and safety on site
- Can be manufactured to include fire break materials
- Less waste material on site
- Conforms to Robust details